CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rocky Mountain Summer Conservatory

For three weeks, I lived in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. The most prettiest place! So green and gorgeous. I attended Rocky Mountain Summer Conservatory that was held in this small town. For three weeks I practiced, rehearsed, hiked, attended and participated in recitals and masterclasses, and basically had the time of my life! I learned so much in those three weeks from my private teacher, Nancy Buck and my quintet coach, David Bjella. I consider myself a better musician and perfomer from this experience and will always remember it.

Fourth of July in Steamboat Springs is a big deal. They basically celebrate all week long. It was so exciting though to watch the fireworks. Since I am from AZ, I don't experience really awesome fireworks, but CO knows how to celebrate this wonderful holiday. It was so much fun!!!

We went on several hikes, this is part of the RMSC experience. And it was good to get out and be active. Everything was so green and beautiful, the hikes were tons of fun and a good way to enjoy nature. :)

This is my quintet for three weeks. We called ourselves the Bjella Berry and the Babes Quintet; from left to right: David Bjella (cello, also the quintet coach), Alyssa Saint (violin), Alexander "Zan" Berry (cello), ME! (viola), and Anne Sorenson (violin). We performed the first and third movements of Schubert's Cello Quintet in C. I have to say though, we were the best quintet and we had the best piece! I had so much fun performing with these amazing musicians. When it was time to head back to Provo, I didn't want to leave. I had an amazing time and learned so much! I am glad that I had the oppurtunity to attend RMSC this summer and will remember my experience there. Now back in Provo, I am working and just practicing and taking a break from school. (read the post below, this talks about my adventures in Utah. ha ha.) I will keep you all updated on my exciting life, until the next time: hope all is well and life is good!

2 thoughts:

Cami said...

so cute! I am glad you had such a good time!

Courtney said...

Hey you, its been forever! Good to see you are still having adventures:) Did you pick Rocky Mountain cuz Nancy would be there? I am in China now, crazy huh. Keep posting!!! Blogs are practically my only connection to back home.